воскресенье, 13 сентября 2009 г.

Return from a Paradise

So the Blog has suffered some neglect of late. I’ve missed two weekends of college football – ughhhhhhh; one week’s worth of sarcasm opportunities have escaped these pages; Mackie Queen of Scots still lays across my lap in an effort to not let me go anywhere again without her.

But it was worth enduring all those daily-grind withdrawals. My co-workers, my heart, soul and sanity, and most importantly my family needed me to go away for a while on a trip to Canada…with Dad and OFB Terry. I’m so glad we did just that.

This vacation was bought and planned for nearly a year by the sons (brothers). It was a combination Christmas, Birthday, and Thanks-for-being-our-Dad gift for a 75th birthday and milestone celebration of 50+ years of fatherhood. So we went fishing, damn it!

What an absolute glorious time we had at Halley’s Camps near Minaki, Ontario. Dad had an “awesome experience…fantasic trip” - the only reason he didn’t out-fish all his sons is because OFB Tony was unable to join us for the trip - something to do with a national sales meetings and keeping his job, for crying out loud. We missed him dearly on this trip, but know he would have probably finished owing us all big money from our week-long $1-for-the-first-fish/double-or-nothing daily fish competition anyway. (BTW, the guy in the ball cap is Mac the Guide…and we had no Shark bites….).

However, over the next several days, some of the 750+ pictures and 450 meg of video will be culled through and posted to the internet for all to see, and this blog will summarize the chronicled vacation on a day-by-day basis.  I will start a separate “Got Away” page and then have each day of our trip with its own fish story, so to speak (write).  Check your line, put a chub minnow on the hook, catch your shore lunch, and net that Trophy Walleye…and please excuse my grammar, spelling, and scatterbrained thoughts…I’m still on Canada time for at least another week. Besides the grand time being with family, here’s another graphic reason why I”m hesitant getting back in a routine stateside…

[Via http://tmay82.wordpress.com]

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий