вторник, 9 марта 2010 г.

Monday, Week 2

Snow snow snow… SNOW!

Today was rather exciting, it snowed… on the mountains surrounding my home… and because we’re in the mountains, I got to see the snow start falling at the top, and then it worked it’s way down, coating the pine trees like a cake decorator would dust with icing sugar… *sigh*. Will post some photos when I am able to connect my camera up.

In other news, I replaced my ski pants – free of charge, after the serious, mountain top wardrobe malfunction that left a rip from the top of my left leg down the seam to below my knee – only from stacking it a few times… so now i have pretty off white ones, that match my jacket, and have suspenders to keep my pants up and the snow out. YAY.

Went to this cool little cafe, but i can’t remember it’s name, and had a pretty good hot chocolate, accompanied by an AMAZING organic chocolate brownie… (I’m sure you could almost only get these in Nelson, or maybe you’d find them in Nimbin too?)

The local credit union here is on strike, and I think its really stupid, it’s not affecting me, as I bank with a different bank. The community here seems to be quite concerned about doing the right thing with the environment – recycling, organic foods/produce, BC grown rather than imported etc. One of the  issues that the bank staff is striking over is the introduction of paperless online statements, which means fewer hours for a few workers a week/month… The introduction of paperless statements is a great idea – the impact on the environment is significantly less. Naturally, when I’ve been offered it I’ve jumped at the opportunity, as it means that my bills/statements come to me, when I want them, and I don’t have to worry about filing them, because I can access them when I want to. So it seems that until people’s pay or working hours are being cut, they like looking after the environment. After that point, they’re more concerned with their pocket being full of cash…

anyway. that’s my rant about the bank. This week I need to get working on finding a job and a car…

So, if you’re the praying type, I’d love for you to pray for wisdom and guidance in my job and car search, and that God would provide the perfect solutions for both of these needs.

Thanks!

[Via http://anikabee.wordpress.com]

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий