вторник, 13 октября 2009 г.

Smokes Let's Go



Banning smoking in prison is cruel and unusual punishment and I totally agree with the 2 inmates who are going to court on wednesday over this. Smoking was banned indoors anyway, and inmates like everyone else, had to smoke outside. Now they can’t smoke at all. Inside or outside. A ban on outdoor smoking is really pushing it.

I will say that whoever thought up the idea of telling career criminals, gang members and killers that they can’t smoke, is either extremely brave or doesn’t work at a prison.

It might start out in prisons, but you know that if nobody whines about it enough, they’ll extend it further and then it will start to affect people like me. Then there will be real problems. Inmates are about 1/10 as scary as me when I have no smokes.

Actually, I think it’s about time that the anti-smoking legislation was challenged period. It’s unfair and unnecessary. Smokers have rights as well. Smokers vote and smokers pay taxes. Also let’s not forget that smoking is not illegal. I haven’t really seen any smokers going around jamming cigarettes in the mouths of strangers and making them smoke against their will. We also don’t lobby like mad insisting that we all be able to smoke in elevators and day cares. We are not the bad guys. Neither are the tobacco companies. In fact, I really like the tobacco company that makes my brand. They are doing a great job as far as I can tell.

I remember when I first heard about the possibility of a ban on smoking in public places. I thought , “It’ll never happen”. Then “they” got their way. Not so bad. It made sense to not allow smoking in restaurants and schools and malls. It worked out fine and nobody really minded.

Since nobody seemed to mind all that much, “they” thought they should just keep going with this anti smoking crap as much as possible.

When “they” banned smoking at work, it bugged the hell out of me. Goddammit, I smoke! It’s freakin’ cold outside and fuck you. “They” were jealous of our fun, so naturally, “they” decided to try banning smoking in bars. I still can’t believe that “they” managed to get away with it and there was no uprising. That, I found surprising because I was waiting for one. The only uproar came from legion members, but they were mostly old men, and Canadians think that senior citizens who smoke and drink hold little to no value, so they were easily ignored. So many blues bars closed down almost instantly and the legions are pretty empty these days.

It makes absolutely zero sense. You can booze it up all you want, smoke bowl after bowl, free needles for junkies and that’s all OK. Don’t you dare light a cig, that’s a $2000.00 fine and the place will get shut down.

Speaking of smoking, I think I’ll light a cig right now! Inside! That’s right! What are “they” gonna do about it? I”ll tell you what, I just dare someone to come over here and try and stop me. Do it.

Right, that’s what I thought. Too chicken.

Back to the point; it’s my life. Right “they” thought that I forgot about that. My life, not theirs. “They” can go ahead and be as healthy and boring as they like.

Go

right

thefuck

ahead.

I seriously will not get in the way of any lame hiking, yoga, fruit shakes or seed eating that “they” choose to engage in. I don’t give a shit how no fun “they” want to be. “They” can feel free to live their quiet, dust free, cancerless lives all “they” want.

Just let me smoke. I LOVE smoking. I love the taste, the smell, the coolness, the look, the red pack in my pocket and the whole idea of smoking. It is part of being me.

I submit to you dear readers, that this overall ban on smoking in federal prison is only the beginning. That’s right, it’s just a test to see how much further “they” can force this no smoking legislation. It starts in prison, then it will move swiftly into my world and your world too maybe.

What if “they” get bored with targeting smokers and decide that some other trivial thing should be outlawed? What if “they” start to lobby against hair dye or leopard print purses? Then will there finally be a riot?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий