воскресенье, 8 ноября 2009 г.

Super Saw!

Sorry – sometimes I just can’t think of a title!

This is going to be the last post for about a week as I have officially packed up my craft room (except for the goodies I need for the 4 classes I’m teaching this week!). I just had to squeak one more project in!

The colour combination for this project was inspired by the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week and the sketch from Stamping 411.

The set Totally Tool was one of those that I really wanted and got it and then have a hard time using. However, when I saw this colour combo, I was drawn to this particular set.

The base of the card is Taken with Teal and all the layers are matted with Basic Gray. The layer in the furthest background is Whisper White and on it I stamped the various tools from the stamp set in coordinating colours. Oh, this is a good tip! If you want matching designer paper to suit a project, use coordinating images and colours and make your own.

The next closest layer is a piece of Nouveau Chic designer paper. I added two star brads from the Styled Silver HodgePodge Hardware on the outer corners and then adhered over the back layer with a couple of dimensionals.

Then, for the piece in the foreground. I knew I wanted to try using tin foil to make the saw blade so that part was easy. I embossed the saw on the tin foil and cut it out. I then embossed the saw again on some Ruby Red and cut it out and paper pierced it onto the foil.

For a “sawed” up look, I cut a piece of Taken with Teal cardstock in a jagged pattern and sponged it with some Basic Gray ink. I then added it onto some Whisper White cardstock with dimensionals and placed the saw.

Lastly, I had a hard time deciding what to do for a saying, then I just decided to stamp the saying with the saw stamp a few times on various scrap pieces and cut it out. All the pieces are affixed with dimensionals.

I sat and looked at this card for a while thinking it needed something else. I took my Black Stampin’ Write marker and ran it along the outer edges and on the Whisper White layer. Not sure if I like it (too late now) but I’ll go with it.

So, I hope to still possibly post but I’ll highlight some great blogs of friends and gals from my downline!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий